Monday, February 1, 2010

The End of a Saga

I was saddened today when I learned that WotC (Wizards of the Coast) will NOT be renewing their license for their Star Wars branch of merchandise. This means that SWSE (Star Wars Saga Edition), currently my favorite roleplaying game (and rules set) will be discontinued after the next book (which will be released in April). This also means that their Star Wars miniatures line will discontinue. Here is the official WotC post. I truly loved the Saga Edition line and will sorely miss the excitement of getting new books for it. And while, no "official" new content will be generated, the fans over at d20 Radio's Order 66 Podcast will make sure that the system doesn't fall into obscurity.

*raises a toast to Star Wars Saga Edition*
You had a good run. I appreciate all that you've given to the Star Wars nerds over the last couple of years.

On a completely unrelated note... I bought the live action "The Tick" tv series that aired on fox in 2001. Amazing. It's a throwback to the campy 1960's Batman. It makes me smile every times I see it. Patrick Walburton FTW.

No comments:

Post a Comment